Friends are the best! Seriously. I’ve had times in my life when I haven’t had many and, trust me, it wasn’t a lot of fun. Having close companions to help get you through the good and the bad is truly a priceless gift. Recently, I’ve been lucky enough to have people in my life that I can hang out with and talk to about anything.
I was celebrating New Year’s Day with a friend Monday and I randomly told her that I was thankful that we were friends. After she commented on how random it was, she also agreed she was happy we were friends (phew!). We then spent a few minutes reaffirming our goals that that we had spent the past two days making and joked around about how much we were actually going to work on any of it this year.
Thinking about what I wanted to blog about today, the past few days hanging out with my friend got me thinking about creating some sort of agreement with your best friends to live it up in the new year! Now is the time of year when we’re all thinking about how to set ourselves up for success and a proven way to stay on top of your goals is to include others in the conversation.
Now sure where to get started? Below are a few tips for things you may want to talk to your friends about!
- Reflect on this past year. What did you love? What will you never do again?
- Did you have any fights or misunderstandings? Make sure you’ve cleared the air for the new year
- How can you support each other? Be your friend’s cheerleader!
- What will you help safeguard them from? Whether it’s cake or boys, make sure you know what your temptations your bestie is facing so you can be there for them in the moment.
- What is one item you must check off your bucket list? Pick something fun like going on a trip or sky diving!
Hopefully you have a few close friends you can share this list with. If you’re flying solo this time of year, no worries! Have a heart-to-heart with yourself make sure you know what you want your game plan to be for the new year!
What goals do you and your bestie have? Some of ours include doing more activity based things and taking more photos together. Comment your goals below!